Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Royal Oak are three distinct cities with one thing in common: they’re home to a local neighborhood market by Meijer.
Meijer, a Michigan company since 1934, has over 100 locations in the mitten. After years of being a one-stop-shop for many customers, Meijer recently opened up smaller stores that are named after the neighborhoods they serve. These markets are a fraction of the size of a classic Meijer supercenter, but don’t let their size fool you. You can find everything on your shopping list, starting with fresh produce, thousands of Michigan-made products, Meijer brand products, and national favorites all at prices to fit your budget.
We have a few tips to make the most of your next visit to your neighborhood market and to take advantage of all that it has to offer.
Look for local products!
Each store has thousands of locally-made or grown products in every aisle. Some local brands you might recognize while browsing include:
- Avalon International Breads – Detroit
- Chateau Chantal Winery – Traverse City
- Cheeky Spices – Ann Arbor
- Civil Ferments – Williamston
- Ice Cream Plant – Detroit
- Iron Fish Distillery – Thompsonville
- Mycophile’s Gardens – Grand Rapids
- Peach and Honey Cake Bars – Plymouth
- Schuil Coffee – Grand Rapids
- Teffola Granola – Addison
- Cultured Kombucha Co. – Traverse City
Grab a coffee (or lunch!) and stay awhile.
Each market partners with local businesses to offer a unique in-house cafe and deli to provide fuel for during or after your shopping trip. In Grand Rapids’ Bridge Street Market, enjoy a beverage from Tillie Ruth’s Coffee & Tea and a custom sandwich from the West Side Deli (run by the guys who started the infamous Two Beards Deli!). Over at the Capital City Market in Lansing, sip an artisan cappuccino from Ferris Coffee while their Capital City Deli team makes your lunch. And, in Royal Oak’s Woodward Corner Market, savor a specialty drink from Great Lakes Coffee while shopping and take a sandwich or sushi to go!
Celebrate Small and Redeem your mPerks
No matter what city you’re shopping in, be sure to enter your mPerks at checkout to use clipped coupons and earn or redeem rewards. Not an mPerks member? It’s free to sign up with just your phone number! For a limited time at your local neighborhood market, you can save big when you celebrate and support small Michigan makers. Through September 30, 2021, you can earn $5 for every $25 that you spend on select Michigan-made brands at your local neighborhood market! Just enter your mPerks at checkout to start earning.
To start shopping, grab your tote bag (ideally reusable!), and visit your new favorite local grocery store:
- Bridge Street Market – nestled in the historic West Side of Grand Rapids (405 Seward Ave NW, Grand Rapids)
- Capital City Market – located in the heart of downtown Lansing on the corner of Larch St. and Michigan Ave (600 E Michigan Ave, Suite 100, Lansing)
- Woodward Corner Market – find them in the Woodward Corner by Beaumont development in front of Beaumont Hospital (30955 Woodward Ave, #305, Royal Oak)
- Rivertown Market (opening this fall!) – coming soon to Jefferson Avenue between I-75 and Belle Isle (1475 E. Jefferson Ave, Detroit)