400 W. Front St.
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
North Peak Brewing Company is located in a historic building which was formerly the Big Daylight Candy Factory.
In March of 1899, a partnership was formed by John G. Straub, his brother, Anton F. Straub and George E. Amiotte in the creation of candies and confectionary in Traverse City.
Under the style of Straub Brothers and Amiotte, the firm soon established success with a large local following and an extensive wholesale trade. So rapidly did the business increase, that it became necessary to provide a building of sufficient capacity to meet the growing demands of the trade.
The building housing North Peak Brewing Company was Straub's third and final building. Straub Brothers and Amiotte "Big Daylight Candy Factory" is a handsome imposing brick edifice of three floors and a basement. It was constructed with 400,000 bricks and 250,000 feet of lumber, erected and supplied with the latest and most approved machinery devices for the manufacturing of all kinds of candies. It compared favorably on a scale with the largest and most successful establishments of its kind.