The Taste the Local Difference (TLD) initiative pledges to:
- Include your business in the TLD database and select marketing materials, such as a searchable website, smartphone apps (iPhone and Android), and various print materials including brochures, maps, and other publications.
- Provide opportunities for you to promote your business through other TLD marketing efforts and events. (Paid and unpaid.)
- Recognize your business as a TLD Partner.
- Provide liaison support between producers, buyers and consumers.
- Provide broad marketing and public relations support for locally grown food in the region where your farm or food business is located in Michigan.
- Promote the vision and goals of the Good Food Charter (www.michiganfood.org).
- Protect the value of the TLD brand to consumers by ensuring that all Taste the Local Difference® partner businesses honor TLD’s core tenets of trust, truth, and transparency.
TLD requires that every participating TLD food business provides consumers, upon request, with honest, accurate, and timely information about the growing practices, origins, ingredients, processing methods, and labor practices used to create their products.
As a Taste the Local Difference Partner, I will:
- Continue to make locally grown products a priority in my business
- Only use the TLD logo and other marketing/branding materials licensed by TLD to encourage sales of Michigan grown, or produced, products
- Act in a manner consistent with the mission and founding principles of Taste the Local Difference®
- Develop Authentic Relationships and Collaboration
- Maintain and Defend the Integrity of Local Food
- Help Local Food and Farm Businesses Succeed
- Support Diverse and Innovative Markets for Local Food
- Create Free Educational Resources
- Build the Demand for Local Food
- Permit the use of my business name in TLD marketing efforts
- Provide a detailed listing of my business for inclusion in the TLD database
- Provide accurate information about the growing practices, origins, ingredients, processing methods, and labor practices used to make my products
- Operate my business with civility and respect towards all people regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, disability, political affiliation, religious beliefs, age, or social status.